Field: Shadow economy
Partners: Partner Solutions, KPMG, Mihajlo Pupin Institute
Implemenetation period: September 2019 – September 2021
the new two-year project for reforming non-tax revenues is a continuation of the para-fiscal chages reform, aimed at improving the transparency and predictability of all non-tax liabilities, including all types of fees, charges and other public revenues paid by citizens and businesses.
Goals and activities
The project goal is to improve the business conditions, foster sustainable economic growth and improve the citizens' living standard through the following project activities:
- Analysis of regulations (laws and by-laws) determining the non-tax charges, on the national and local level;
- Re-classification of charges in line with their real nature (fees, charges for use of public goods or taxes);
- Developing a unified methodology for calculating the amount of fees and checking the alignment of current fees with the amounts generated through new methodology;
- Providing recommendations for lowering or eliminating certain fees;
- Updating the electronic registry of non-tax liabilities, so as to involve charges at all levels of authority, prescribing the condition that a fee not entered into the public registry cannot be charged to businesses and/or citizens;
- Providing support to the Ministry of Finance in the overall process of amending regulations;
- Establishing public-private dialogue by organizing consultations, conferences, round tables, focus groups;
- Promoting the reform results on the web portal www.parafiskali.rs;
- Supporting the capacity building of the Ministry of Finance.